perjantai 15. kesäkuuta 2012

Courage is all You need. :)


 I have had an urge to encourage my sister in faith with their faith. I myself am a reverted muslim from Finland and have dealt with a lot of problems concerning my faith and practicing it. Starting with the people in my country, they totally like abandoned me for becoming a muslim, I wore my Hijab and they turned their backs on me. Some of my friends turned out racist, some of them just didn’t understand that I didn’t have the same time, that I used to, because now family comes first. J
Some of the things that has happened to me I wanna share to You. I went and picked my new passport, where I wear my Hijab, and the woman who affirmed the passport asked me “What is the intention of this scarf?” There I am explaining and wondering myself: There is no intention, this is a way of life!
The worst thing ever happened to me was in our local grocery store. A man my mom knows was drunk and started chasing after me yelling to me why I wear the Hijab, I am much prettier without, does that Neziri guy force You to it? Why can’t You be normal like us? Your husband will beat You and oppress You! And imagine, the store was full of people and I was waiting to pay my groceries. But all I could do was to smile a bit and say: “We muslims are as normal as you are.”  And these situations have always continued in here. Even my family I think is wishing me sometimes to go back the way I were before. It's hard sometimes to see, that they don't get it.
I myself decided after all the backbiting and hardships, that I just don’t care, that is the best medicine for those people, that are always looking and commenting: “What is this scarf?” “Take the rag off, it’s ugly.” I just smile politely and say I am a muslim and I am proud of it, it is who I am and it’s making me a better person and brings me closer to Allah, Subhana Wa Tala. If You would look back on the days, when I hadn’t met my hubby, who introduced me to Islam, I was a mess. Now I feel I am in a so much better place with myself, and I can not understand how people can have so wrong attitudes and so wrong ideas what Islam is? It is making my heart ache and I get angry even.  I just wanna heal the world from all this muslim-hatred.
Final words to all the sisters out there, who are dealing with either hardships like me, or are not wearing the Hijab because they are a bit afraid, I say: Keep Ypur head high and stay strong,  Do it if You want it! It will in the end make You so proud of Yourself, It will bring You light that falls from the sky and will shine on Your face. It makes You beautiful and unic. It makes You strong and respectable, it makes You who You always were: A Muslim!

Forever and Always so Proud to be A Muslim
-Eveliina 

2 kommenttia: